I’m a long-time Web Developer and consultant. I’ve led, delivered, and maintained PHP, Drupal, and Drupal Commerce based websites, have worked for some of the UK’s largest and well-known PHP and Drupal agencies, and even for the Drupal Association - the nonprofit organisation behind the Drupal project - where I was employed to work on and improve the Drupal.org websites.
Send me an email to discuss your project.
My Drupal Experience
I have contributed code to Drupal core and to various other Drupal modules, and maintain modules and themes like Override Node Options which is used on over 30, 000 Drupal sites according to Drupal.org. I’ve been a mentor at various in-person events, helping new contributors to the Drupal project, and regularly write blog posts, present talks and workshops, and create videos and live streams.
- Acquia certified Developer - Drupal 8 (2017)
- Acquia certified Back-End Specialist - Drupal 8 (2017)
- Acquia certified Front-End Specialist - Drupal 8 (2017)
- Acquia certified Cloud Pro (2018)
- Platform.sh Gold partner certification (2021, for Inviqa)
- Authored an article on Drupal development using distributions for Linux Journal’s Drupal issue.
- Mentored new contributors at DrupalCon contribution days with their first patches to Drupal core.
- Organised the Drupal Bristol and PHP South West (PHPSW) user groups, and the DrupalCamp Bristol conference.
- Currently organise and sponsor the PHP South Wales user group.
- Board member for the Drupal England and Wales Association (2020 to present).
- Selecting sessions for DrupalCon Europe 2021 as part of the DrupalCon track team.
- Mentored students on the DrupalEasy Drupal Career Online course.
- Currently writing “Test-Driven Drupal”, an eBook about automated testing and test-driven development in Drupal.
I’ve been a guest on a number of podcasts, including Talking Drupal, How to Code Well, That Podcast, and Voices of the ElePHPant, where I’ve discussed topics including PHP, Drupal, CSS frameworks, and automated testing.