A overview and demo of some of the open source projects that I’ve been working on lately that are based on information from the Drupal.org API, including a PHP library for the API itself as well as some Drupal 8 modules that use it.
This session will cover various topics including:
- Why would you want to separate your code into reusable packages
- An overview of how to structure a PHP package (e.g. an API for interacting with Drupal.org)
- How to add a PHP package as a dependency for a Drupal module using Composer
- How to create routes and services, and use dependency injection in Drupal 8
- How to use Drupal to configure the packages
- How to increase performance and reliability by using Drupal's cache system to store API results