An introduction to utility class and component based styling, and how to soar with Tailwind CSS.
Things we’ll cover:
- Advantages and disadvantages to utility based styling and Tailwind.
- How to install Tailwind and add it to your build process using tools such as Symfony Encore and Laravel Mix.
- How to configure and customise Tailwind for your project.
- How to promote repeating classes into re-usable components for better maintainability.
- Strategies to control the file size, and using external tools like PurgeCSS.
Also, if time allows:
- How to extend Tailwind and add extra classes with community written plugins.
- How to write and test your own custom plugins.
PHP Cambridge in Cambridge, UK (Remote) - 19th January 2021
Drupal Virtual Cafe #3 in Kyiv, Ukraine (Remote) - 15th October 2020
Bristol JS in Bristol, UK (Remote) - 30th September 2020
DigitalCamp Atlanta 2020 in Atlanta, GA, USA (Remote) - 11th September 2020
Drupal Yorkshire in Leeds, UK (Remote) - 20th August 2020
PHP Hampshire in Portsmouth, UK (Remote) - 8th July 2020
CMS Philly in Philadelphia, USA (Remote) - 30th April 2020
Blue Conf 2019 in Cardiff, UK - 6th June 2019
WordCamp Bristol 2019 in Bristol, UK - 17th May 2019
Cheltenham WordPress Meetup in Cheltenham, UK - 16th April 2019
PHP South Wales in Cardiff, UK - 30th July 2018
Drupal Bristol in Bristol, UK - 16th January 2018