When you download and install Drupal, you get so much functionality available out-of-the-box.
- Content creation and editing capabilities with a flexible content type
- A taxonomy system for categorising content.
- Tools for managing editorial workflows.
- User registration and authentication.
- A role-based permission system.
- Support for creating multilingual websites with translation tools.
- Caching mechanisms to optimise performance.
- Scalability features for handling high-traffic websites.
- Built-in search functionality.
- Robust security features, including input validation and output filtering.
- RESTful web services for building web applications and mobile apps.
- A flexible page and layout builder.
There are over 50,000 contributed modules on Drupal.org that you can download to add functionality like eCommerce, analytics, social media integrations, quizzes, webforms and surveys.
You can add specific functionality by writing your own modules, and customise a project by creating a theme.
It’s a great choice for a new web project.