I've been quite busy during COVID-19 and various lockdowns, giving talks remotely at conferences and user groups.
In mid-April, I send a tweet with an open offer to any user groups that needed a speaker, with some suggestions for talks that I'd given recently that I could present remotely.
#Drupal and #PHP usergroups (and others):— Oliver Davies (@opdavies) April 16, 2020
I have three talks that I'd be happy to do for any remote meetups:
- Deploying PHP applications with Ansible, Ansible Vault and Ansistrano
- Taking Flight with Tailwind CSS
- TDD - Test Driven Drupal
Ping me if you need a speaker...
As well as this, I also applied to some open calls for papers for remote conferences, such as CMS Philly (formerly Drupaldelphia) that was taking place online this year.
At the time of writing, these are the talks that I've given remotely or are already planned for future dates. I'll be updating this list going forward as new talks are added, as well as my talks page.
If you'd like me to speak at your online conference or user group and be added to this list, please contact me and we can see if we can find a suitable date.
Test Driven Drupal
An overview of automated testing in Drupal, and a demo of building a new Drupal 8 (or 9) module using test driven development.
Deploying PHP with Ansible and Ansistrano
How to use Ansible, Ansible Vault and Ansistrano to deploy PHP applications, using a Drupal 8 application for a demo.
- Drupal Edinburgh - 11th March
- CMS Philly - 30th April
- Drupal Yorkshire - 20th May
- PHP London - 4th June
- PHP North East - 16th June
- PHP Sussex - 1st July
Taking Flight with Tailwind CSS
An introduction to utility-based CSS and how to use Tailwind CSS in PHP projects using tools such as Webpack Encore and Laravel Mix.
- CMS Philly - 30th April
- PHP Hampshire - 8th July
- Drupal Yorkshire - 20th August
- DigitalCamp Atlanta - 11th September
- Bristol JS - 30th September
- Drupal Virtual Cafe (Drupal Kyiv) - 15th October
- PHP Cambridge - 19th January 2021
- Nashville PHP - 9th February 2021
Updating to Drupal 9
How to update your site to Drupal 9, and why it's much different to any major Drupal version upgrade before!
Working with Workspace
- NWDUG - 11th August (lightning talk)
- PHP South West - 9th September (lightning talk)
- PHP North West - 2nd February 2021
Automated testing and test-driven development in Drupal 8 (workshop)
Building slides and presenting with rst2pdf
- PHP South Wales - January 28th 2021
Soaring with utility CSS and Tailwind (workshop)
- DrupalCamp Florida 2021 - Feburary 18th 2021