Getting Started with Drupal 8 Module Development
New to object-orientated PHP, Symfony or YAML, and want to get started building modules in Drupal 8? This is the session for you!
In this session, we’ll cover:
- Where Drupal 8 modules are located, and how they are structured.
- How to build a simple module, including our own permissions and routes.
- How to add your own controller and service classes.
- What is the service/dependency injection container, and how do we use it?
- How we can use tools such as PhpStorm and Drupal Console to speed up the process.
What we won’t be covering:
- Automated testing in PHPUnit or Simpletest.
- Adding third party libraries and external dependencies via Composer.
|5 Mar 2016 5 March 2016||
DrupalCamp London 2016