An introduction to utility class and component based styling, and how to soar with Tailwind CSS.
Things we’ll cover:
- Advantages and disadvantages to utility based styling and Tailwind.
- How to install Tailwind and add it to your build process using tools such as Symfony Encore and Laravel Mix.
- How to configure and customise Tailwind for your project.
- How to promote repeating classes into re-usable components for better maintainability.
- Strategies to control the file size, and using external tools like PurgeCSS.
Also, if time allows:
- How to extend Tailwind and add extra classes with community written plugins.
- How to write and test your own custom plugins.
- Drupal Bristol in Bristol, UK - 17 January 2018
- PHP South Wales in Cardiff, UK - 31 July 2018
- Cheltenham WordPress Meetup in Cheltenham, UK - 17 April 2019
- WordCamp Bristol 2019 in Bristol, UK - 18 May 2019
- Blue Conf 2019 in Cardiff, UK - 7 June 2019
- CMS Philly in Philadelphia, USA - 1 May 2020 (online)
- PHP Hampshire in Portsmouth, UK - 8 July 2020 (online)
- Drupal Yorkshire in Leeds, UK - 20 August 2020 (online)
- DigitalCamp Atlanta 2020 in Atlanta, GA - 11 September 2020 (online)
- Bristol JS in Bristol, UK - 30 September 2020 (online)
- Drupal Virtual Cafe #3 in Kyiv, Ukraine - 15 October 2020 (online)
- PHP Cambridge in Cambridge, UK - 19 January 2021 (online)
- Nashville PHP in Nashville, TN, USA - 9 February 2021 (online)
- Norfolk Developers Conference in Norwich, UK - 23 February 2023