Taking Flight with Tailwind CSS
An introduction to utility class and component based styling, and how to soar with Tailwind CSS.
Things we’ll cover:
- Advantages and disadvantages to utility based styling and Tailwind.
- How to install Tailwind and add it to your build process using tools such as Symfony Encore and Laravel Mix.
- How to configure and customise Tailwind for your project.
- How to promote repeating classes into re-usable components for better maintainability.
- Strategies to control the file size, and using external tools like PurgeCSS.
Also, if time allows:
- How to extend Tailwind and add extra classes with community written plugins.
- How to write and test your own custom plugins.
- Drupal Bristol in Bristol, UK - 17th January 2018
- PHP South Wales in Cardiff, UK - 31st July 2018
- Cheltenham WordPress Meetup in Cheltenham, UK - 17th April 2019
- WordCamp Bristol 2019 in Bristol, UK - 18th May 2019
- Blue Conf 2019 in Cardiff, UK - 7th June 2019
- CMS Philly in Philadelphia, USA - 1st May 2020
- PHP Hampshire in Portsmouth, UK - 8th July 2020
- Drupal Yorkshire in Leeds, UK - 20th August 2020
- DigitalCamp Atlanta 2020 in Atlanta, GA - 11th September 2020
- Bristol JS in Bristol, UK - 30th September 2020
- Drupal Virtual Cafe #3 in Kyiv, Ukraine - 15th October 2020
- PHP Cambridge in Cambridge, UK - 19th January 2021
- Nashville PHP in Nashville, TN, USA - 9th February 2021